What do you eat for an easy healthy meal? When I was visiting my grandparents, my grandmother asked me what I could suggest for some quick easy meals. When I was “cooking” for myself, I had many quick meals as a go to. I try to incorporate proteins, fats, fruits and vegetables to keep my blood sugar stable.
- Pictured is granola with nuts and raisins, fresh fruit and yogurt. You can find low sugar, organic, gluten-free or even dairy-free options. Sometimes I use coconut yogurt. Use frozen fruit for a SUPER easy/always available option.
- Try out some nut and seed butters like sunflower seed butter, almond butter or good old peanut butter to add to apples, bananas or rice cakes.
- Nuts like walnuts, pecans or almonds with fruits and/or sliced meats (find sulfite free/organic options) are delicious. Throw in a few light crackers like Ak-Mak’s Armenian flat bread crackers or rice crackers. Add some dried prunes, apricots or figs.
- Hummus and vegetables like baby carrots, green beans or snap peas pack well for on-the-go.
- Smoothies with spinach or kale, banana and berries are super quick. You can add some protein powder or nut butter too. Here’s a simple smoothie snack recipe.
- Grill up a few thinly sliced chicken breasts and keep them in the fridge. I will cut them up and eat them picnic-like with fruits and vegetables. It’s also nice to have them handy for quick, filling salads. Here is a recipe for a delicious, easy homemade dressing recipe.
What are your quick healthy meals? Please share!