It’s actually getting a bit cooler in Southern California and let’s get real-I am a uniform girl. I was comfortable wearing the same thing to work when I was in the Navy and even when I owned my own acupuncture practice, I wore the same thing every day-crisp white blouse and black slacks with Danskos (I didn’t like the white lab coat look nor did I want the Earth-Mother look). In my personal life I have always had those few go-to core basics to work around every season. Here’s the latest combo set I’m working with. I don’t necessarily wear it all together. These are my staples.
1. Invest in a few really soft, form fitting under-clothing tops.
2. A great pair of leggings that keeps their shape for a couple of wears is invaluable! I like ones with a bit a spandex in them so they stay blacker longer and firm up a few saddle-haggish areas for me.
3. I am still into chambray. I have a polka-dotted one from J. Crew factory kind of like the one pictured.
4. My Trouve black blazer with faux leather shoulder accents is the edgiest, classic piece in my wardrobe. Even my celebrity stylist friend said she wanted it when we went out to dinner a couple of weeks ago. Victory!
5. OK, ya gotta get some ankle boots. These are totally in. Jen (again the celebrity stylist) took me shopping for some and picked out these. Normally I am NOT a fan of Rocket Dog nor am I a fan of this style but when I put them on, the wide top part made my legs look thinner because they weren’t tight at my ankles. They are SUPER comfortable and look put together but casual. I love the contrast with the black legging and I wear them with dark skinny jeans as well.
6. Corso Como brown riding boots! Mine are from last season and very similar to these I found online now. I have let’s say…medium sized calves and these babies fit so well and make me look proportional. They look SO good with any tight pant. The color is so rich!