The due date is less than 6 weeks away and we have yet to decide on a name. This is our hot list. Please add something you think would be a good fit!
- Rhett (Chris isn’t into this one)
Looks like we’re into what The Baby Name Wizard book calls “brisk, dashing and breezy.” Short is good. I think to myself, “Who sounds dependable, warm, kind, intelligent, sensitive, strong and witty?” At that rate he’s going to have to be named Jesus or something! Remember, I’m Christina and my husband is Chris (Christopher). We’ve got to try something different. Oh, and the dog is Charlie but Charlie is on our maybe list.
After the shower we headed to dinner! Kelly put together flowers for us to take home. Luckily I have a million cup holders and a sister. We even brought some flowers into the restaurant to decorate our table.
I was not part of the steak tartar party (it’s one of my sister’s faves)! The calamari was amazing as always though. We love Searsucker downtown and now there’s one in North County (San Diego).
Aren’t these flowers ridiculous? Apparently not in season though! I had no idea. When she asked me to tell me about my “dream shower” I said…pink…and peonies. Kelly must have found a private stock! It made me feel guilty yet extra special! We have them all over the house now and I want them to last forever.
Don’t you just love it when someone makes your wishes come true?
OOOOOHHHH What a fun weekend in San Diego! The baby shower was incredible and once I gather the photos, I will do a post! Tracey and I stayed the night at the Omni La Costa Resort and Spa. A total treat! The grounds are spectacular and include an amazing spa, The Chopra Center, pools and great restaurants.
We had breakfast on a terrace overlooking the golf course, snapped some photos, went down to the beach, visited the outlet mall and got an acai bowl (of course) before heading home. What do you think about this new dress? A total deal at Old Navy (they even gave me $10 off b/c it was on the wrong rack).
My sister and I have the same camera. She’s always teaching me new techniques. SO lucky!
P.S. Online hotel booking is great BUT if you have the time, call the hotels directly. I got an incredible deal by going directly through the hotel!
Happy Friday! Here are the top 5!
1. A friend told me about the store Black Ink in Pacific Palasades as a good gift shop. I found a couple things for my friends who are throwing the shower this weekend.
The store clerk told me how her husband was One Republic’s first manager and lots of other interesting little band facts. I love LA.
2. If I had a stalker, he/she could find me here…Primo’s donuts. They make HUGE vanilla frosted old fashioned donuts. I’m not going to give you another photo of these donuts…it’s been too recent since the last. Yes, if you look closely, you can see my reflection…wearing my workout clothes.
3. The Boston Marathon took place this week. Our friend’s sister, Kerry, was there last year, only about a mile from the finish line when she was told to leave the course for safety reasons shortly after the bombings. Well, she was determined to go back and she completed the marathon this week 4 hours 20 minutes and 8 seconds!
We got to attend her fundraiser a couple of weekends ago and she had incredible community support. Here’s Kerry on the left and her SIL Jessica (who did a lot of the coordination) on the right.
4. I get to see my sister this weekend! We’re having some QT in San Diego and a little time in LA.
5. Chris made me breakfast on my birthday. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen hime cook! It was INCREDIBLE. I can’t believe he was hiding these talents from me.
Hope your weekend is awesome!
Linking up with The Lauren Elizabeth!
This is a representation of the Chinese organ clock. It shows the flow of energy, qi (chi) through each organ system in two-hour increments.
Each 2 hour increment is associated with a specific organ system. Every 24 hours, the body’s energy (qi) completes a cycle. Each organ system is associated with specific functions as well as emotions.
11 pm to 1 am is the time of the Gallbladder. The Gallbladder is in charge of decision making and self esteem as well as storing bile to digest fats.
It’s very helpful to be resting while the Gallbladder recharges for optimal clear thinking and self image!
I fluxuate in phases of going to sleep before and after 11:00 pm. This is a great reminder as to why I could really benefit!
So I’ve been playing around with my website and it reminds me of when I watched my dad take apart a few VCRs then try to put them back together again when I was a kid. I’d hear some little curse words and sometimes he’d be up all night trying to fix the thing. You know how many parts are in those!
Even when the site is a little wonky, I have to step away from the computer to regroup. Thanks for your patience!
Last night we went out for dinner at Little Fork and saw The Book of Mormon at The Pantageous Theatre with our friends, Rion and Jackie. Super entertaining and great company.
The egg cups were made of some sort of reusable material and they were delicious. They kind of make me think of dinosaur eggs. The food was DELICIOUS! We had some lobster rolls, beet salad (of course) and potato gnocchi. Jackie’s drink was a fancy version of a Manhattan. I want to drink everything out of cups like these.